This morning we released TelVue Connect 1.2, with some new features you’ve been asking for, and some performance improvements.
Among the new features:
- You can now drag-and-drop an entire folder for bulk uploading into TelVue Connect, including the VIDEO_TS folder from a DVD (this currently works only in the Google Chrome browser).
- Videos in the Media tab now sort by “newest first” by default.
- You can now “Download” from the download icon in the Media Edit page, as well as the Media index view.
- Changes in the bulk selection feature in the Media tab clarify the media selection process and reduce the chances of human error.
- Replacement uploads now take effect immediately.
In addition, there are a couple of new tools available to users of the CableLabs Metadata feature in TelVue Connect:
- Admins and Program Coordinators can now predetermine which categories their Contributors may assign to media in CableLabs metadata. If this feature is disabled, the Contributor will see all categories.
- A new Metadata Presets feature allows the user to pre-fill certain metadata fields with commonly-repeated information, saving a lot of time and tedium.
And there’s more. For the full rundown of enhancements and fixes in TelVue Connect 1.2, please refer to the Release Notes.