We want to make sure our TelVue CloudCast users are taking advantage of the Google Analytics integration we built into CloudCast v4. If you haven’t already set up the integration, it’s easy to implement, and opens up new worlds of audience data for you to crunch. Here’s a quick how-to:
First, you need a Google Analytics account. If you don’t already have one, register here. It’s free, awesome, and very intuitive.
- After you log in to your Google Analytics account, go to the Admin tab, and you’ll see your unique “Property ID”: a snippet of code that looks like UA-XXXXXXXX-X.
- Copy that code
- Go to your CloudCast account → “Player” tab → and scroll down to the Analytics section at the bottom right of the page.
- Paste the Property ID code into that box.
- Save, and voila!
Google Analytics reporting is fast and frequent. You will now be able to see some very granular and interesting stats, such as:
- Audience demographics, behavior, technology
- Device and browser used
- Location tracking on a global, national, or local level
- Who was watching your live stream, and when
- And a host of other fascinating detailed viewer data about your CloudCast player, and each video in it.
Try it now, and let us know how you like it.